Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A., as the management body of Thisvi Industrial Area, is by its institutional role obliged to incorporate CSR principles in its business operations, but has already recognized that the long-term growth and prosperity of the society can be achieved through Sustainable Development. Concern for the employees' health and safety, respect and protection of natural environment, the infrastructure built in accordance to international standards of industrial areas and the harmonious coexistence with local communities, where it operates, are the main Corporate Social Responsibility issues of Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development Policy of Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. is consistent with the Company's values, responsibility, integrity, transparency and efficiency and is determined by the Management, entirely committed to the following issues:
- implementation of CSR Policy at all levels and in all Company’s operating segments,
- strict enforcement of effective legislation and full implementation of standards, policies, internal guidelines and procedures applied by the Company,
- two-way and on-going communication with all stakeholders in order to identify and record their needs and expectations. Development of mutual trust relations with stakeholders, makes a significant contribution to meeting Sustainable Development objectives,
- providing safe and healthy working environment for employees, collaborates and all the visitors,
- protection of human rights and providing work environment of equal opportunities, free from any discrimination,
- open communication, based on transparency, with all Company's stakeholders,
- continuing efforts to decrease the environmental footprint, through implementing responsible actions and preventive measures in accordance with international best practices, in order to reduce and minimise the impact of Company's operations on the environment,
- continuing pursuit to create added value for the stakeholders and in particular for those established in Thisvi Industrial Area, investing in important and efficient infrastructure projects.
In order to realise the aforementioned commitments - even beyond formal compliance with the legislation - the Company voluntarily and responsibly has been planning and implementing the relative programs, while, at the same time, setting strategic priorities, which focus on the following areas of Corporate Social Responsibility of Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A.:
1. Economic development and Corporate Governance
The Company aims to achieve positive financial results without loss, implements a system of sound Corporate Governance and assesses and manages any business risks in order to safeguard the interests of the stakeholders. It develops procedures and takes measures both to enhance transparency and to prevent and combat corruption.
2. Industrial environment
The Company focuses on selecting suppliers on the basis of locality by priority in constructing the necessary infrastructure for the established companies in Thisvi Industrial Area, creating added value to the industrial area, thereby improving its position alongside the ever evolving business environment. Additionally, responsible business conduct is required to be practiced by the Company’s suppliers and collaborators.
3. Human resources
The Company respects and supports the internationally recognised human rights and implements fair reward, meritocracy and equal opportunities policies, in respect of all its employees, free from any discrimination. It also provides opportunities for ongoing training and development of human resources, with respect to its personnel diversity.
4. Occupational health and safety
A healthy and safe working environment is a matter of primary importance to the Company. Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. continually takes measures and implements investment plans, aiming at continuous improvement of health and safety at work.
Concerning the domain of environmental management, the Company applies the principle of prevention and takes systematic steps to minimise the impact of its operations on people’s health and the environment. Aiming at environmental protection, the Company implements various programmes for optimal management of resources and cooperates with suitably licensed companies for recyclable materials management. In particular, on ship generated waste implements a detailed waste management plan, in order to protect the marine environment.
6. Local communities
The Company implements and supports actions to meet the fundamental needs of society in terms of health, environment, social welfare and culture. It activates initiatives, in order to develop the local communities, in which it is based.
In respect of all the above key issues concerning Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A., the Company sets targets of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development, which are annually assessed for their effectiveness and revised when deemed necessary. The policy, the performance of Dia.Vi.Pe.Thi.V. S.A. in the issues of Corporate Social Responsibility, as well as the implementation of relative programs and achievement of its targets are disclosed, on annual basis, in order to provide to all stakeholders the necessary information.